Saturday, June 23, 2007

Davis

I got up and woke up, then I waxed my legs, then showered and put on makeup and drove up to Davis. There was a lot of traffic congestion between Concord and the Toll Plaza, then nothing.

The area around Davis is still California, but it looks much more like life I'm used to. Davis looks like Wisconsin Rapids, and there are farms out there, with corn and everything! I visited Brian and his giant dog and saw his Africa pics before picking up his girlfriend and going to REI in Sacremento. They helped me find things I would need for hiking, and got stuff they needed.

Brian took us back to Davis and we dropped off his gf and went to the co-op for dinner. I decided to buy the food, and Brian let me - after all, he would be making it, and he is living on a grad student budget. I was thrilled to be able to give to someone too. Then we picked up Andrea and started driving back to Brian's place. Well, I was feeling ill, and eventually had to throw up all of the juice I had previously. I guess juice on an empty stomach isn't such a good idea - it was pomegranite and something else.

I hung out at Brian's house as he cooked, and conversed with him and his girlfriend, then we ate outside, and the woman that owns the house - a professor - came home. She announced that she was going away within the next month to do field research somewhere and asked if Brian could feed the cats, or if she should get someone to feed them in her absence. We finished dinner and then went inside. Brian made me some left overs and then we talked for a while and then I took off. I drove home and wound down, then went to bed.

1 comment:

Henry & Mary said...

Sounds like a nice day.