Thursday, July 5, 2007

Why Cows Rule

I got up - I managed to drag myself out of bed at 8am, and checked my Blackberry to see if my boss was looking for me or if she had a time for the meeting today. I didn't see any phone messages, missed calls, or email from her, so I just got ready for work and got in at 9am. I managed to get quite a few things done today, and had lunch with Brian and Vince. I got to talk with the librarian when I delivered a cd to him, on foot as opposed to via intercompany mail. I left work at about 6:30 and ran back to set my out of office message on outlook. I have a five day weekend, and then a two-day class, meaning I won't be back in the office until the 13th. Then I have another two-day class in Concord, a day in the office, then I go to Richmond to tour the refinery! Oh, I'm so excited. I don't know what it is, but I just love industry.


Around the middle of the film, you hear something very rare, "The lions won"
Cattle

One of the contractors at work was an older women really into horses. I liked to talk to her because she understood some of my "hic talk" about hay bales and manure. But she had horses, and I never liked horses. Horses are wusses! They are far too tempremental and people have to put white flags on their fence line to keep the horses from hurting themselves on it, lest they die.

My dad once told me that I should never turn my back on a cow. Ours are domesticated, but imagine what they came from. That is this video. These are wild animals in South Africa, a herd of wild cattle, coming to the rescue of a calf. They're so hardcore. Even domesticated cows are hardcore, they eat anything, and when you throw things at them, and they just turn and moo.

No comments: