Saturday, May 17, 2008

MOMA, San Francisco Style

Well, today was the day of my first social event hosted in the Bay Area. Attendance was low, but I enjoyed myself immensely. I went to SFMOMA and really enjoyed the second floor, reading about the artists and the art. It wasn't as fascinating as the Asian Art Museum, maybe I just felt more transfixed by a few items. The big thing on display was a curtain made out of silk flowers. I'm going to do that as a barrier between my bedroom area and my bathroom/workout room area.

The photography exhibits, on the other hand, left a lot to be desired. I guess once you cut your chops taking crap photos, you have earned the right to take photos from your car and call it art. Sorry, I don't mean to be bitter, I don't even know if this guy's earlier work was really crap, mostly because I was completely uninterested by what I saw online. I bought another bag since I found that the first one worked really well as a large purse, a print of a Georgia O'Keefe painting I found captivating, and a Diego Rivera poster for my living room. On the way back to the BART, I bought some fresh cherries.

No comments: