Thursday, September 4, 2008

Just a Hit of Hope

I was at work today, then I went to Berkeley. I went to the opening for the NorCal Obama Campagn HQ and saw Barbara Lee speak. I got enough hope to make me clap and I even felt tears of joy creeping out of my eyes, but I contained myself. Let down from hope is really bad - possibly worse than meth, though, thankfully, I wouldn't know for real. I left the non-campus Berkeley and went one station up to the campus. I took a walk around Jupiter's, then saw R, A, and A waiting outside. I talked with A inside while R and the other A waited near the bouncer. Finally we got a table, then K and Y showed up, then R, R's gf, and finally, M. We talked, we laughed, we ate pizza, and I didn't have any wine. A convinced me to not drink for at least two months. When we left, some people went one way, others went another way, and I got on the BART because I was wearing crappy shoes.

No comments: