Saturday, February 13, 2010

Lazy Saturday

I woke up today around noon after some really odd, incredibly detailed dreams, involving my old Michigan apartment, and other things that I'm not quite sure how to describe. I got ready to go hiking, which mainly involved ripping the music from all my Morrissey and Smiths CDs to put on my phone, now with a 2GB memory card. I also needed to go get food, but I could not find my hands free device, so I took off with my wallet and keys.

I had a chicken sandwich, salad, and coffee at Sconehendge, then went back via Berkeley Bowl. I saw some guys giving away samples of their beef, tried some, and talked to them a little bit about advances made in grass-fed beef. Then I went in and headed for the produce section to pick up a few things. I got some bananas, chatted with another woman also not very impressed with the strawberry selection, then picked up some cherries after deciding that I would wait until strawberries were in season before getting some. I then checked out the power bar selection and decided to get some nuts after seeing that all of them (even Clif) had WAY too much sugar in them for my liking. I picked up some raw cashews and then some cheddar sesame sticks, which were errantly labeled whole wheat sesame sticks by the people that weigh stuff. I left with my food and walked to the flea market.

There were stands at the market that I hadn't thought I'd seen before, and I guess it's getting close to being "not winter" now, so more people are out. I saw a BART ticket with 80 cents on it on the ground and decided to pick it up. I looked around to see if anyone had dropped one recently, but didn't see that to be the case. I couldn't find one of the phone accessory places, so I stopped by the "black guy and chinese lady" stand (that's the name) and asked about hands free devices for my phone. They had just sold the last one, but the guy said he might have some at home, so I should stop by the next day, earlier in the day. I walked around a little more too, then headed for home.

On the way, I passed by these people doing something in front of a house. I accidentally almost ran into an old guy with a ukulele and he started telling me about what was happening. I had a bit of the broccoli stuff they were growing and signed up to help out. This was a neighborhood garden thing and they were just starting up. I figured that it was a good use of a weekend afternoon and he was really excited to have someone that could do data entry.

I got home and found my hands free thing, but after testing it out on my phone, I found taht it didn't work really well at all and resolved to buy a proper music player. I can play music through the regular speakers, which might be fine for the car, but not so much for hiking. My plan for the evening is to call a friend and see what she is up to, then possibly watch the Olympics and otherwise do nothing.

No comments: