Saturday, June 30, 2007

Blogging, Spiders, and Naps

This morning, as I was blogging about my matriarchal family, I noticed a HUGE spider crawling along the corner of the ceiling and the wall. It was going towards the door, but it was above my entertainment center, which meant that it could crawl outside or just hide itself in my apartment. So I had to take action. I got a large piece of unused wood from my ikea furniture and attempted to crush the spider, but I failed. The spider was on the wood, crawling down towards me, so I threw the wood on the ground. The spider fell on the carpet, and I managed to kill it with my foot. Thankfully, I was still wearing my nice new walking socks from REI, so I didn't feel the spider. I really need to clean my place.

The rest of my day wasn't nearly as exciting as the morning. I made a couple more blog posts and then took a nap. I got up around 7:30 or so and had a good conversation with Tom about a lot of things, including conciousness, the state of our civilization vis a vis actual alien contact, and gender. He sent me this link, sparking the alien discussion. I also spoke with Nick, who just got back from Puerto Rico! But he said it wasn't as fun, probably because his tour guides were his gf's grandparents. I said that we should go to Mexico in the future. Olé

No comments: