Sunday, August 12, 2007

Boring, Oil Change, Boring, ER, Boring, Ultrasound, Boring, Painkillers, Home

I got up, ready to go to Alameda to have a picnic with K and B, but they never called, so I went and got my oil changed and got gas. Then I went home and had some food. My tummy started to hurt, a LOT. It was a familiar pain, but it was so intense today. And there was no rumbling like usual. So I called KP and learned that the only place open was the ER, so after 6, I got in my car and drove to WC. I checked in, waited, had my blood pressure taken (it was higher than normal - 125 or 130 over 96), and my pulse and temperature taken. Then I waited more, and was brought in to talk with a nurse who told me to go pee in a cup. Then I had my blood drawn and waited some more. Then I went to a little room [with NO magazines] and changed into a gown and waited. The doctor came in and said something about gallstones, and I went to have an ultrasound. The ultrasound was very boring, then I waited, then I waited more, then the doctor told me that they found gallstones and made an appointment for me on the 20th for a surgery consult. I got some food, which was meat because they didn't bother to ask if I didn't eat that or not. They wanted me to keep something down, even though I had no problems doing that before. I got a painkiller shot, then I FINALLY got to go home. After navigating a maze to find my way to billing and then to get my vicodin, I drove home and had a vicodin, some food, and went to bed.

No comments: