Friday, August 24, 2007

Mom arrives

So mom's flight was cancelled in Chicago, and I took the ERM test. Just as my colleagues came in to party in my cube, mom called, and I recognized the number, picked up the phone and said "Hi mom, I'm busy, I got your email, I'll talk to you later" and let her go. I passed my test - 88%. I was hoping for more, but a lot of my questions were of "tell us exactly what we said" type and not overall knowledge of ERM principles. I did more work and then went home and prepared for mom's arrival, making her bed on the couch and then taking a nap on the couch until I got the call that she was nearing the BART station. Unlike my last midnight BART pickup, this person was happy to see me, didn't smell of alcohol, and told sweet stories. I settled mom into bed and went to bed myself.

No comments: