Sunday, February 3, 2008

I spent entirely too much money on this:

I got up, brushed my hair, showered, then went to the mall to get ready for the Super Bowl party. After only finding the jersey of some nobody on the Packers, I went to another store to find a Packer shirt. They had Packer shirts, then I saw my holy grail, tried on the XL, found that it fit, grabbed some socks, then found jewelery, and purchased my items. I walked out of the store and checked the receipt. The price of the jersey made me a little delirious as I got a coffee drink at Gloria Jeans, and then as I went to a liquor store to pick up some nice tequila. I went to Whole Foods and picked up some fruit and vegetable trays and went home to prepare for the party.

After an hour or so, I set out for the party. There weren't that many people there, and I hung out with T, D, and a few others in the kitchen in the beginning. Everyone there was rooting for the Giants, except one person. The vast majority of us were not planning to be sad for the Patriots if the lost at all. I played my delusional Packer fan bit a little bit, amusing a few guests. "Why are the Packers wearing white and blue?" and "When did Green Bay change its logo?" The game was really boring right up to the 4th quarter, when things got FUN. I jumped out of my chair at least once, and jumped a few more times after that. My heart was pounding after that second Giant touchdown, when the Patriots had the ball, but celebrated with everyone else when that 4th down try failed. I laughed with the "too many men on the field" jokes as the police and other officials had to clear the field off for the final kneel. I really liked the name Plaxico and liked that he was actually crying at the end. "That's how you know it was important." I hung around for a while longer, then went home. I have to be in Richmond tomorrow at SEVEN AY EM.

WOOO PACKERSSS! GIANTSSS!!!!

PACKERS GIANTS WON THE SUPER BOWL!

Probably my single most expensive piece of clothing (no, my coat cost more)

No comments: