Sunday, June 29, 2008

OMFG! PRIDE!

I just got back from Pride in downtown SF! I had the best time EVER! I missed the parade because I got a flat this morning. I'll be making a pissed off call to Big O Tires tomorrow. I should have known $20 wouldn't cover it. Anywy, after getting cash, breakfast, coffee, and putting money on my laundry card, I was off to Pride, along the back roads. I got to the BART at 2 and Pride at about 3. I actually had to part in the Walnut Creek BART garage today, and I NEVER have to park in the garage on weekends. The BART was packed too, and everyone got off at Civic Center. I think the whole Bay Area was downtown today, and for good reason.

I gave a donation to get the sticker that got me a dollar off the drinks, got a drink, and some rainbow paraphernalia as I strolled around. I saw the SF Cheer team's performance than chanced upon a wedding ceremony. I got drinks as I went along, looked for M, cried some more, ran into a rather bitchy guy, saw some great, cheep earrings, got cash, got earrings, got more booze, and started dancing!

I cry every time I see this, it makes me so happy.

Well, first, I decided to give people a show and kissed the topless girl at the first dance party I was at. I think I did that before getting cash, then kissed her again to get a photo. I danced a lot, then I walked around a little. I got another drink, tried to find M again, then went to my second dance party. That one ended, so I went to the third dance party. When that was over, I started walking and found a FOURTH dance party! I danced and danced and danced. Then, when they were done, I went to the Chinese place near-by and got some Mapo tofu and some sesame doughnuts - and I think they had lotus paste(?) in them rather than red bean paste, which I liked. My legs and feet hurt, though, and I hobbled over to the BART station. I finally got on the train and took lots of photos of myself. I got home, drove back from WC along the back roads - it might not be smart to drive this much on the spare either, but damnit, I needed to be at Pride today. I was still hungry and got a chili relleno burrito. I started uploading videos and pics and chatted with two of the atheists.

No comments: