Saturday, June 28, 2008

I slept in just a little, then had a productive day.


8:00 Oil 8:30 Tire
Last night, I wrote a note on my hand - two notes, actually, to remind me of my errands to do the next morning. I wasn't there at opening, but about an hour, hour-and-a-half later. I dropped off my car and my keys and walked to find something to eat and read in comfort. I went to Peets, got a peppermint mocha, a chocolate croissant, and read about the aftermath of the Great Leap Forward. The work on my car was done, all tires fixed, and there were just a few things to finish up. I then paid the $20 for everything. But I had to wait for my car, so though I looked for another magazine, I read People's magazine's piece on Tim Russert. I finally learned about just how he died and some of the events surrounding his death. I think I'm still in a tiny bit of shock. Then I got my car and took it next door to the Jiffy Lube. There, I read through the Newsweek about some old guy's wife, read all the quotes, and other stuff, told the oil change guy what I needed, and waited for my oil change. Then I paid the $50 bill to complete most of my vehicular duties.

And VAVOOM!! I was off to work! I had to do five hours of work reviewing a file plan and doing very brief collection analysis. This was owrk that would allow me to spare some vacation and it was work that I enjoyed doing. I got in and set myself up. I logged in, opened my email accounts and started looking for Morrissey and Smiths videos and around 11:30, I began my file plan analysis. During my first two computer mandated breaks, I did walking lunges down the hall. I had the volume up high enough that I could hear my music from a few offices down each way. After a couple of annoyances and lots and lots of subfolders, I figured I had done enough by 5:30 and left. I stopped at Whole Foods for dinner and then went home.

After one botched trip to the front office (forgot my gate key was on the weekend keys), I learned that the machine to put money on my laundry card couldn't read my check card. So I couldn't do laundry, I was warm, and dirty. I thought about running to the mall and getting some jeans and a top for tomorrow or going to a near-by laundromat. In the end, I settled on putting cash on my card tomorrow morning and just wearing the bug spray jeans with some kind of top tomorrow. I also wouldn't be going out with E and J that night, as I need to be up at a reasonable hour tomorrow.

I took a great shower and got to really enjoy my robe and my life. I chatted with my mother and a friend (the friends very briefly). I watched Prince of Space, Invasion of the Neptune Men, and now Space Mutiny. I'm looking forward to Pride tomorrow.

1 comment:

Urs said...

Ugh, sorry about the pic, IE folks, I do all my blogging on Firefox and it looks better there.