Monday, July 28, 2008

I feel awful - must have been a good weekend though

I woke up this morning to find that my skin had literally solidified. I burnt myself over the weekend in the sun. I will no longer go outside with a bare upper body without sunscreen. I need no more sun on my upper body. I got ready for work and went in. I was cold, my hands felt very cold, my shins hurt, I kept telling my co-workers that I was going to die. This was melodrama, of course, but my whole body felt as if it was falling apart. I was afraid that I was getting chills from my sunburn, and my shins hurt so much from dancing Saturday night in heels that I did not want to walk anywhere. That and it seemed like nobody was in the office today - well, none of my usual buddies. Except that a lot of people were back from training, vacation, or business trips. But there were other people that were in a training that - hey,. wasn't I registered for that training? I must have either dropped it or not made it off the waitlist.

Cue staff meeting, some IM conversations, and finishing up work. I learned that my optimal heart rate (the rate for a 27-year-old) is 174, which is higher than the exercise machine recommends. So I got on the elliptical and tried to keep my heart rate in the 170's. It was intense, and sweaty, then Jeopardy came on. It's Tournament of Champions time, and the questions were hard, but the contestants rarely missed. Shakespeare IMs were hard, but what an awesome concept. Antartica is named after the Greek for "opposite the Great Bear" or something like that. It was the Final Jeopardy question and nobody got it right. I got off the elliptical and remembered that no, I didn't have time to go home and change for YAG tonight, and we were watching the end of Hotel Rwanda, which I needed to see, so I set off, combing my hair with my hair clip while on the drive.

The movie was intense, traumatic, and important. I mandate that all readers find the movie and watch it by the end of the week.

Then I drove home, wrote out some blog posts, ate some not so great food (I didn't really photograph well today, so I can't make a blog post again), and finially finished the third to last chapter of my Chinese History text. I am now at 1976 and the death of Mao. Now I will just read about Den Xiao-peng and the 80's, then other stuff in the 90's, and start to pick up other books about China that maybe aren't so boring. Also, I can start the book I borrowed from E about the making and unmaking of British India, which is another hole in my understanding of world history. And after that, I slept.

No comments: