Saturday, October 18, 2008

Long Time, No Post

Same ol', Same 'ol. I made some new friends in the past weeks. I met a guy via Craigslist from Karachi that reminded me that I miss my college friend S. Of course, A isn't like S at all, but still, I am reminded. On Saturday, I woke up at Y [and K and D]'s place without J for the first time ever. I survived without J, hooray - haha. Another J was sleeping on the floor, Y was in her own bed, and K and K were in D's bed. I had crashed on K's bed. The kids were all asleep, so I showered and dried my hair. After a couple of email messages to my parents, I sent J a text and then texted L. He texted back, I asked if I could call, and an hour and 40 minutes later, I hung up the phone, and the sun was out.

It took some time, getting the kids out of bed, but eventually, we headed out and met up with A. He wanted to try this breakfast place, but the line was hella long. We wanted to go to Cafe Durant, but A wanted to try this place. We derided him for being emo (he is so deceptively emo), and said we were going to carry him to Cafe Durant. I managed to pick him up and carry him about 5-10 feet, it was tough and hilarious. But we left him back there, and walked to our destination. I got a breakfast burrito with egg whites and coffee. We talked and ate, playing a new favorite game of mine, which is "everyone stare at Y". K made fun of me for my creationist, and we had a good time, but then I realized that it was 1:30 and I needed to head in to the city for some Urs and J time.

On the way back, I picked up some things and enjoyed my walk. I texted A and suggested dinner, then got to the city, had a cookie, and met up with J. Well, that was hard - I walked around a bunch, then had a cucumber salad at this little restaurant on Polk and Post. We went back to his place, I helped him with his [project], we went to Lee's, then later, I walked to Union Square to meet up with A. We had dinner at this Indian/Pakistani place that he didn't like at first, but then liked more once we got the food. So, Mom, Dad, Sister, Cousin, Friend, Aunt, Uncle, I have one restaurant idea for when you come visit. Afterwards, he walked me to the BART, we talked, and then hugged goodbye. I rode to WC, drove home, relaxed, then went to bed.

I love Saturdays

1 comment:

Urs said...

I think I need to alter my method of anonymizing people. The A's mentioned here are two different people. One is a Cal student (not from Karachi), the other is from Karachi. The one I picked up is the Cal student. I had dinner with the guy from Karachi. Maybe I should make pseudonyms.