Thursday, February 21, 2008

I completely forgot about making a MST3k LJ post

Or how this was the last day I was in LA.

So after arriving at the San Francisco International Airport, where the big B actors roar, I got on my 6am flight to Los Angeles. I wanted to read my book, but I dozed off after take-off and the springs on the plane did not make the landing so soft I hardly noticed. (helps that I'm not stupid). I set out in a beeline to "ground transportation" and waited at the Hotel / Courtesy Shuttle area to wait for my bus to the Embassy Suites.

Today, I barely got a glimpse of that gooey L.A. sky before we were returning the rental car and waiting for a flight in an airport restaurant. In good ol' SFO, I realized I had completely forgotten all the signs for Catalina along the long moving walkway to the United gates. I never knew where Catalina was until yesterday morning at 5am. "Hey, turns out we're at Catalina," from MST3k1011: Horrors of Spider Island and, of course, the Ernest Borgninian "Catalina Caper" came to mind instantly.

No comments: