Friday, June 13, 2008

Distrations, Please

After some conversations and events, Friday was going to be a difficult day. I was going to need some serious distractions, so I talked to friends and tried to find some things to take my mind off of [censored]. I was invited to a concert at The Fillmore and decided to go, even though I had never heard of this band - Augustana? I wrestled with working out, and in the end, I went to work out, where I learned that Tim Russert was dead. The shock hasn't really worn off even now, on Sunday. But after my workout, I went home and got ready to go out. I drove up to WC and got on the BART, calling S to tell her that I would be getting there late. And when I got off at Powell, I realized that I couldn't detect the direction of west at this point at night - the sun was too low.

I stumbled around the area, asking directions and getting clarification on location from shadier and shadier characters as I managed to make my way through the Tenderloin at 8:30. As I began my way down Geary, I saw that 11 blocks was a LOT longer than I had thought. I decided to get a cab for the last legs and got to the Fillmore at about 9:15 or so. I met up with S and her friend G and got me a Long Beach Iced Tea. I enjoyed the opening artist, then got another drink. This time, I got what is now my new favorite drink - a Tokyo Tea, which is like a Long Island, but with more booze instead of coke! (BTW, a Long Beach is a Long Island with cranberry juice instead of coke - I don't like coke)

The next opening act was pretty fun too, then I got another Tokyo Tea. [This part contains interesting information that will only be divulged in person]. I enjoyed Augustana and my last drink, but more, I just enjoyed being out with people. S, G, and I made our way over the second most dangerous place to be when the big one happens and S and I crashed at her friend F's apartment. I was on the love seat.

No comments: