Friday, June 6, 2008

Today was a little bit, um... No, today was just completely crazy

I was awake at 6, but in bed until 7. I showered and tried tried on a whole outfit that I didn't wear. First I put on one pair of jeans, but then decided on another. I put on my make-up and decided not to dry my hair due to my burnt scalp (a strong lesson learned for me regarding hats; WEAR THEM IN THE SUN). I tried on one shirt and hypothesized the earrings, then hastily changed my mind completely. After the rest of the morning routine, I was off to work. I got in and got a good start to the day, even doing an improptu interview with a stakeholder, complete with a great presentation by me about my project. Then the guy from the red team came to get my computer and I was off!

Well, I put on my sunglasses, walked out to my car, and drove back to my apartment. The blackberry charger was on the couch so I plugged it in and plugged in my blackberry. Then I went to the vanity area, brushed my teeth and changed my shirt and I was off! Off to the dentist for my gold tooth. They had to drill on the temporary crown to get it off and removing the cement took like forever. Then the dentist put in the crown, the hygienist put in some red paper, and I had to bite down and grind for a bit. Finally, they had me strain my jaw muscles clenching down on a cylinder of cotton.

My crown was finally on and I was free to go. Oh wait! Just let me X-Ray your tooth. I also learned about the other appointments I needed to complete my dental saga. Just some cavities, nothing too major. Then I drove back to my apartment to check to see if I needed to go up to Concord and I didn't, so I drove back to the Park. Just after I got out of my car, I realized that I left my badge at home, so I had to go back home and get it. When I finally got back to the park, I set my bags in my office and went to the cafeteria for some lunch. When I got back, my phone rang and it was the guy to come to deliver my new computer. Just in time.

I had my lunch and got my computer. I finished up some work for the week, chatting hesitantly with A, because I was disturbed that he actually went to strip clubs last night. Then, I made a posting that raised my heart rate, finished my work for the day, and went over to Jo-Ann Fabrics to get the supplies for my latest project. Did I mention that I got paid today too? I did, I also made lunch plans with a friend that just moved into town for the summer. Anyway, I bought my supplies, and then realized I was so animated because of the coffee I had that afternoon as well as forgetting the afternoon snack I bought, so I had to go back to the office and get that. Then I was off to get gas and dinner. After that, I went home and began the new project. I went to bed later.

No comments: