Sunday, June 22, 2008

Playing in the Snow

It was rainy today, so we had no idea what to do. S played tourist at the Alaska Visitor's Center while I looked around - I don't like thinking and strategizing on my off hours. I bought some cute earrings and we went to a chocolate factory. I saw the biggest chocolate waterfall in the world!

Uh, it wasn't THAT exciting.

It was brown and creamy, which, well, I know its chocolate, so eventually, I wanted to eat it, but that wasn't the first thing that came to mind. I bought some chocolate pasta, which should be interesting, some chocolate covered blackberries and espresso beans, and some key lime fudge. Then we were off to see some aminals.

I got to see moose and bears, elk and reindeer. It seems that caribu shed their antlers every year after they expel their genetic material, so the males loose theirs after mating and females after giving birth. Since mating is in the fall and birth in the spring, Santa's reindeer were female. The mountains were spectacular, even with the clouds, and S got some good pictures of me looking.

Then we went to a hiking trail to play on the snow flats. There was an avalanche warning and a notice to not walk on the trail. We couldn't see how there was a threat, since we were no where near the mountain. Then, we saw that an avalanche had covered a big part of the trail and played on the snow. We didn't venture too far onto the snow, but got some great pictures. On the way back, I had to go, so I went, outside. S also made outside. Then we went back to Anchorage and since the visitor space at S's apartment was all full, I returned my marvelous rental car. Then we went to Moose's Tooth and got some pizza. We stopped at [censored] and I got an umbrella. I decided to pay with cash so there is no official record of me having gone there. We came back to S's place, ate pizza, and watched TV. I went to bed at about 11:30.

No comments: